DEV’s services include: :
- Supporting foreign companies in the evaluation of the canton of Vaud as a site for setting up business.
- Guiding entrepreneurs in their choices when the time comes to define the best legal form of company to create. This service is wholly internally run and enables companies to get the maximum benefit from the different forms of aid that exist.
- Helping entrepreneurs to find land, offices, premises, buildings, or apartments as quickly as possible and with the best market conditions, with the help of the necessary structures.
- Steering businesses in their administrative procedures for issues linked to residence and work permits, in conjunction with the Employment Service (SDE) and the Population Service (SPOP), and obtaining public financial aid from the Office for Economic Affairs (SPEI).
- Providing support for applications for tax exemptions, sureties, and loan interest relief. The purpose of this aid is primarily to create a link between the various public services, both on a municipal as well as on a cantonal and national level.
- Providing support and expertise to entrepreneurs when they are drawing up business plans.
- Putting entrepreneurs in contact with the right economic, academic, and industrial partners.
- Making available its significant international network of references and contacts, on a political, administrative, and banking level. Over the years spent promoting the economy of the canton of Vaud, DEV has built up an unparalleled network throughout the world.
- The information and guidance that DEV provides can also be of a more personal nature, such as finding appropriate housing, choosing schools for children, and discovering the wide range of cultural and sporting activities available in the canton.